Total Pageviews

Monday, November 21, 2016

Waiting On God

I have been waiting for what seems like a very long time. What have I been waiting for?  if you asked me that a few months ago I would not have been able to give you a reasonable answer. 
I recently made the statement that I have been frustrated most of my life. The reason for my frustration was that every where I look Christian people are more interested in bringing God to their level than they are of preaching the word of God and worshiping the one true God.
The Lord, He is God, we are His people and the sheep of His pasture.  

In the last few months I have not felt frustration I have however felt such a desperation to know the Lord more intimately that I didn't care what it cost me to get to Him. I think because of that desperation, I have finally gotten some real answers. 

Several times lately I have had prophesy that I have waited and preached and taught about what  I have longed for in the Spirit.  I have waited and hoped and prayed, but just like Elijah when he was on the mountain, saw a small cloud and knew the rain was coming.  I see the Lord moving in a way I could never have dreamed of.  Last night, for the second time, I visited a church that a friend had told me about. As I lay on the floor after being prayed for, I was engulfed by the glory of God, nothing but the glory. I lay there with my arms wide open and felt as if I had the world in my arms and I was loving all it's inhabitants.
  
For God so LOVED the world that He gave his only begotten son that who so ever BELIEVES in Him (JESUS) will not perish but will have everlasting life. 

I didn't know until I started writing this that God was letting me feel some of the love He felt when He had to turn His face away from His dying son so that He (GOD) could have fellowship with all who would believe in Jesus. Today I awoke with so much joy flooding my heart that my eyes have been leaking with tears of joy all day.

Why would you ever complain, O Jacob,
    or, whine, Israel, saying,
“God has lost track of me.
    He doesn’t care what happens to me”?
Don’t you know anything? Haven’t you been listening?
God doesn’t come and go. God lasts.
    He’s Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn’t get tired out, doesn’t pause to catch his breath.
    And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
    gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
    young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
    They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don’t get tired,
    they walk and don’t lag behind. Isaiah 40: 27-31(MSG)

Waiting" author Ben Patterson says,
“There are 2 virtues required for successful waiting

 Humility and Hope.

Humility teaches us that we exist for God's sake,
not for our own - but for His purposes.
Hope assures us that there is something worth waiting for.”
"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength." Isaiah 40:31


"The Lord delights in those who fear Him, who put their hope in His unfailing love." Psalm 147:11

No comments:

Post a Comment